Foundation Nut Milk Recipe
May 4th, 2016
Making your own nut milk is SO easy. It can be intimidating at first but once you get the hang of it you're golden.
- High speed blender
- Nut milk bag or cheesecloth
- Large bowl
- Your hands
- 1 cup raw nuts, soaked for at least 4-8 hours
- 3 cups spring water
- 3 pitted Medjool dates
- After soaking your nut of choice overnight, put all ingredients in the blender.
- Blend for 30-45 seconds or until smooth.
- Pour mixture into nut milk bag and squeeze liquid into container of choice.
- And you're done! The milk will keep in the frig for 3-4 days.
- 1 vanilla bean
- 1 tsp. turmeric powder
- 1 tsp. maca powder
- 1 tbsp. cacao powder
You can technically use any nut. My favorites are almonds, cashews, hemp, and pistachios.
Were you that kid who slurped the milk after eating your cereal in the morning? I definitely was! I mean it was the best part, right?
It was the best part because it was filled with sugar. I wanted to recreate that yummy end to my cereal bowl and so I started playing around with nut milks and superfood powders.
Sign up below to get first dibs when The Superfood Nut Milk Guide comes out this summer and get pre-sale pricing. It will be filled with unique combinations of nuts and superfoods to make milk exciting again!